Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SPAM - Part 12

If you receive spam that you believe violates the CAN-SPAM Act, since a private person cannot go after the alleged spammer under the CAN-SPAM Act, you can utilize one of the following entities to pursue the matter further:

1) You can forward spam directly to the Federal Trade Commission at SPAM@UCE.GOV

2) You can contact your state's attorney general

3) You can contact your Internet Service Provider (i.e. cable, dsl, dial-up) and/or e-mail provider (i.e. yahoo, hotmail, gmail)

No comments: